GOAL II: TO BUILD UPON AND CONTINUALLY STRENGTHEN SERVICE TO EXISTING AND EMERGING SANGHAS
We believe that over the next five to ten years we will grow by becoming a resource to others, that the future is, in many ways, outside our doors.
- Formulate and implement a plan for the Dharma Group Support function.
- Explicitly communicate Zen Center practice opportunities to people in other sanghas.
- Invite and respond to requests from related sanghas for assistance through the newly formulated function.
- Enhance quality and types of training accessible to related sanghas through a combination of materials and distance-learning approaches while always maintaining personal relationships between teacher and group.
- Support individual Zen Center teacher relationships with related sanghas in the early stages of their development, both financially and in other ways; seek funding to support this work.
- Help small groups to connect with a network of resources and other relevant institutions.
- On a regular basis inquire as to the needs of emerging and smaller sanghas, and develop appropriate responses.
- Develop and articulate SFZC's longer-range vision and plan for institutional relationships and various lineages of authority with related sanghas and sitting groups.