- Guest Season 2018: April 26 – September 9
- Zen Practice Programs
- About Tassajara
What to Bring
Because Tassajara is in a remote location with the closest stores two hours away, please bring the following with you:
- any necessary medicine
- personal toiletries*
- sleeping bag
- battery alarm clock
- closed-toe shoes
- slip-on shoes or sandals
- zendo attire: loose, neutral-colored clothing that extends below the knees and over the shoulders
* Because Tassajara’s septic systems are fragile, we provide biodegradable shampoo, soap, and laundry detergent free of charge for community use. Please do not bring your own shampoos or soaps.
You may also want to bring:
- a modest bathing suit
- reusable “bag lunch” container (for use on your day off)
- and, if you are here in April, rain gear and an umbrella.
We have a very limited supply of electricity, which we generate ourselves. Do not bring any electrical or electronic equipment (including rechargeable devices) without special permission from the Director in advance of arrival. Battery-operated devices are allowed. PERSONAL COMPUTERS ARE NOT PERMITTED.