How to Apply
1. Read and reflect on Tassajara’s Summer Guidelines. All applicants must agree to observe these guidelines. They are a vital part of our community life together.
2. Fill out the Summer Work Practice Application. Note that the minimum stay is five nights. We will contact you about availability within two to three weeks.
For the Zen Kitchen Apprenticeship Program, you will also need to complete the Kitchen Apprenticeship Application as well.
If you would like to apply as a Work Practice Apprentice
3. There is a one-time $75 nonrefundable fee for first-time students and a $25 processing fee for returning students. All application and processing fees must be paid prior to consideration of the application.
4. Please email your application after January 15 to email@example.com.
Tassajara Zen Mountain Center
39171 Tassajara Rd.
Carmel Valley, CA 93924
5. To check on road conditions and transportation options, please contact Keith Meyerhoff at our Jamesburg House (which is 14 miles from Tassajara and where the paved road ends), at firstname.lastname@example.org or 831-659-2229.
6. Once you have been accepted, please plan to arrive by noon on the day you are scheduled so that you can receive orientation and settle in during the afternoon. If there is any change in your plans, it is extremely important that you notify us immediately. Also, please keep us up to date with a telephone number where you can be reached as we may want to contact you before you arrive.