Guest Season 2017 coming soon
Tassajara is Closed for 2016 Reservations
- Rooms & Rates
- Tassajara is Closed for 2016 Reservations
- Zen Practice Programs
- About Tassajara
Guest Accommodation Information
Guest Accommodations at Tassajara are simple and comfortably rustic. They range from private cabins overlooking the creek, to quiet hideaways tucked alongside the mountain, to cabins shared with a few (and new) friends. An overnight stay at Tassajara offers:
- Freedom from internet & emails, cell phones, and TV
- Recreation in the wilderness -- hiking to beautiful vistas and up/down the creek
- Soaking up the hot springs in a Japanese-style bathhouse with sunning deck and steam room
- Enjoying free time by the pool, bocce ball court, or playing board games
- Three delicious vegetarian meals daily, served family-style in our beautiful dining room
- Fresh Tassajara bread, bottomless coffee and an array of teas
- Daily Zen meditation, services, and instruction. Weekly Dharma talks & small group discussion
- Fresh linens, bedding, and towels with eco-conscious service
Check-in time is 3pm with late check-in offered until 7pm. Check-out is 11am. We offer space on our luggage deck for guests who will be lingering longer. Please check-out in person before departing.
Guest meals are served at 9am, 1pm and 7pm in the Dining Room. An optional bag lunch is available at 9:30am. Additional snacks and tea are available in the courtyard at 2pm and at the self-service coffee/tea bar throughout the day.
Tassajara observes special quiet time hours to support the practice of year-round residents. Quiet time begins at 8pm and ends at 8:30am after temple cleaning following morning zazen and service.