Fall 2016 Practice Period at City Center: Online/Commuter Participation-TEST PAGE
Wisdom in the Midst of Modern Life: Vimalakirti and the Zen Path
(View description of Fall 2016 Practice Period at City Center)
Led by Abiding Abbot Rinso Ed Sattizahn
September 27 – December 3
Students in this program may participate entirely from home through our online practice period offerings, or may participate as commuters by attending one or more practice events in person at City Center. Online practice participants may attend in-person practice period events at the member rate.
The following offerings will be available to online participants through a private community website set up for practice period participants:
- Video and audio recordings of Saturday dharma talks.
- Audio recordings of Wednesday night dharma talks and Sesshin talks.
- Video and audio recordings of the practice period class, Wisdom in the Midst of Modern Life: Vimalakirti and the Zen Path
- Downloads of handouts, readings and exercises offered in this Tuesday night class.
- Face-to-face interaction with other participants in small groups led by a senior student via video-conferencing.
- Access to the Online Zendo where you can sit with other students from around the world.
- Blog posts from the shuso (head student).
- Opportunity to have an online practice relationship with other students practicing offsite.
Online/Commuter Participation Fee: $149; $139 current members; $119 limited income. Some partial scholarships available.
Online/Commuter Participation Practice Period Application Process:
1. Download the Online/Commuter participation practice period application [Word]/[PDF].
2. Email your completed application to email@example.com.
3. Pay your Online/Commuter participation fee here:
Please sign up early, in order to best support the program.
Inquiries and comments may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Registration, Scholarships, and Cancellations