Seven-Day Rohatsu Sesshin, GGF 12/2 – 12/9
Led by Senior Dharma Teacher Tenshin Reb Anderson
Sunday, 3 pm – Sunday, 2 pm
December 2 – December 9, 2018
Sesshin, meaning "to gather, collect, and convey the mind-heart,” is a traditional Soto Zen meditation retreat that includes formal zendo meals, Dharma talks, sitting and walking meditation, and private interviews with senior teachers. In order to understand the nature of our formal retreats, and to be clear about the details of the practice, please review a typical sesshin schedule, as well as our guidelines for zendo conduct. We ask those who attend sesshin to commit to following these guidelines and to participating in the schedule completely. If you have questions regarding the schedule or guidelines, please consult with the head of the meditation hall, the ino, via email (email@example.com) before completing your registration.
Prerequisite: At least two one-day sittings at Green Gulch or City Center. If you have not participated in a San Francisco Zen Center sesshin before, please also communicate with the ino before registering.
Orientation will be at 3 pm, and oryoki instruction (use of eating bowls) will be at 4:30 pm on the first Sunday of the sesshin.
Meals are included in the cost of sesshin. However, since meals are eaten formally in the zendo meditation hall, you will need an oryoki set. If you do not have a set, you will need to purchase one for an additional $55. To purchase your own oryoki set, contact the Green Gulch Farm Ino by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Fee: $700, $630 current SFZC members. (We offer a few partial scholarships for people with limited income. Please call the main office for details, at 415.383.3134.)To Register:
- Please note prerequisite above.
- Please fill out a sesshin registration form [ Word | PDF ] and email it to the ino (email@example.com) or download it and mail it to: GGF Office/Sesshin Registration, Green Gulch Farm, 1601 Shoreline Highway, Muir Beach, CA 94965).
- Upon review of the registration form, the ino will confirm by sending a letter of acceptance by email. Registration is not finalized until receipt of this letter. After receiving a confirmation to be accepted by the ino (firstname.lastname@example.org) please submit your payment.
- To pay by credit card, use this button [available soon]
- To pay by check, please mail your check to Green Gulch Farm with full payment (address to GGF Office/Sesshin Registration Payment, Green Gulch Farm, 1601 Shoreline Highway, Muir Beach, CA 94965).
SESSHIN CANCELLATION POLICY:
22 days or more in advance: $50
21 days or less in advance: 50% of the total fee
About Registration, Scholarships, and Cancellations.