Youth & Family Program
First Sunday of the month, 9:45 – 11:45 am
- December 3: The Buddha's Enlightenment
- No program in January (due to Intensive)
- February 3: TBA
- March 4: TBA
- April 1: Buddha's Birthday celebration
- Saturday, April TBA: Zen-a-thon
- Fall 2017 Family Practice Day
On the first Sunday of the month, the beginning of the lecture is especially for children. After this short talk, children leave the zendo to participate in their own program. Activities include seasonal farm projects, mindfulness, yoga, contemplative handwork and ritual.
Participating families are invited to stay for tea, juice, muffins and the farmers' market outside the zendo.
Sign-in begins at 9:45 am near the side entrance of the zendo.
Suggested donation: $20 per family
- Meikyo Chelsea True
- Patty Bradford
- Joyful Mind Project, featuring regular posts about the GGF Children's Program by Meikyo Chelsea True
- Zen and the Art of Parenting, a blog post about the GGF Sunday Children's Program by Rhea St. Julien - March 2012
- Green Gulch Farm Sunday Children's Program by Nancy Petrin - March 2010
- "Mindful Momma" blog on the Children's Program - March 2010
The Three Lamps:
I vow to develop a kind heart.
I vow to develop a clear mind.
I vow to honor the Triple Treasure.
Body like the mountain.
Heart like the ocean.
Mind like the sky.