Seven-Day Spring Sesshin 2019, GGF 3/31 – 4/7
Led by Senior Dharma Teacher Tenshin Reb Anderson
Sunday, March 31, 3 pm – Sunday, April 7, 2 pm
• A registration form is required for all participants. Please see “To Register” below.Sesshin, meaning “to gather, collect, and convey the mind-heart,” is a traditional Soto Zen meditation retreat that includes formal zendo meals, dharma talks, sitting and walking meditation, and private interviews with senior teachers. In order to understand the nature of our formal retreats, and to be clear about the details of the practice, please review a typical sesshin schedule, as well as our guidelines for zendo conduct. We ask those who attend sesshin to commit to following these guidelines and to participating in the schedule completely. If you have questions regarding the schedule or guidelines, please consult with the head of the meditation hall, the ino, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) before completing your registration.
Prerequisite: At least two one-day sittings at Green Gulch or City Center. If you have not participated in a San Francisco Zen Center sesshin before, please also communicate with the ino before registering.
Orientation will be at 3 pm, and oryoki instruction (use of eating bowls) will be at 4:30 pm on the first Sunday of the sesshin.
Meals are included in the cost of sesshin. However, since meals are eaten formally in the zendo meditation hall you will need a set of bowls, oryoki. If you do not have a set, you will need to purchase one for an additional $55. To purchase your own oryoki set, contact the Green Gulch Farm Ino by email (email@example.com).
Sesshin fees vary by housing requested. Housing preferences are handled on a “first come, first serve” basis. Some housing options may not be available at all during some sesshins.
Student Housing, Shared Room – $700
Student Housing, Single Room – $840
Guest House, Shared Room – $840
Guest House, Single Room – $980
SFZC Members receive a 10% discount on all the above rates.
A partial scholarship may be available for those with limited income. Please call the main office at 415.383.3134 for details.
- Please note prerequisite above.
- Please fill out a sesshin registration form [ Word | PDF ] and email it to the ino (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- After receiving a confirmation to be accepted by the ino (email@example.com) please submit your payment by calling the Green Gulch office at 415.383.3134. You may also mail a check payable to Green Gulch Farm for the full payment amount to:
GGF Office/Sesshin Registration Payment
Green Gulch Farm
1601 Shoreline Highway
Muir Beach, CA 94965
- Upon review of the registration form, the ino will confirm by sending a letter of acceptance by email. Registration is not finalized until receipt of this letter.
Registration forms and payment must be received before noon on Sunday, March 24, 2019.
Please call the Green Gulch office at 415.383.3134 if you have any questions.
SESSHIN CANCELLATION POLICY:
22 days or more in advance: $50
21 days or less in advance: 50% of the total fee
About Registration, Scholarships, and Cancellations.