Spring 2019 Practice Period at Green Dragon Temple
Led by Senior Dharma Teacher Tenshin Reb Anderson
February 12 – April 9
Practice period offers an opportunity for beginning and experienced students to participate with others in an intense period of residential practice that centers around daily zazen, work, and study. Weekly events include lectures, services of bowing and chanting, classes, oryoki meals (formal meals in the meditation hall), and tea with the practice period leader. Students meet individually with the practice period leader and/or with other practice leaders several times throughout the retreat. We ask participants to commit to the entire eight weeks, which includes two one-day sittings and concludes with a seven-day sesshin.
True Zen practice involves compassionately observing and conversing with all living beings thus creating an immeasurable sea of blessing. The Zen bodhisattva practices sitting in silent solitude for the sake of society and practices social action that enriches solitude and realizes its beneficial function for self and others. During this spring practice period we will explore the mutually supportive interplay of action and stillness for the weal of the world.To Apply:
- Please review the Practice Period Guidelines [Word] / [PDF] before submitting your application.
- Complete a practice period application: [Word] / [PDF]. (See below for application fee.)
- Application deadline: extended to January 6, 2019.
- For questions or more information, contact Tenshin’s assistant Sonja Gardenswartz by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Non-refundable application fee: $30. This fee can be paid by check or call the Green Gulch Farm main office at 415.383.3134 or the SFZC Reservations Office at 888.743.9362 or 415.475.9362.
- Practice period fee: $2181. This fee is paid after acceptance through application. The notice of acceptance to the practice period will be accompanied by information on paying the fee.