Fall 2019 Practice Period at Green Dragon Temple, GGF 10/15 – 12/10
Mountains Are Mountains Again: Taking the Relative Truth Seriously
Led by Abiding Abbess Fu Schroeder
October 15 – December 10
Application Deadline: September 1, 2019
Practice period offers an opportunity for beginning and experienced students to participate with others in an intense period of residential practice that centers around daily zazen, work, and study. Weekly events include lectures, services of bowing and chanting, classes, oryoki meals (formal meals in the meditation hall), and tea with the practice period leader. Students meet individually with the practice period leader and/or with other practice leaders several times throughout the retreat. We ask participants to commit to the entire eight weeks, which includes two one-day sittings and concludes with a seven-day sesshin.
- Please review the Practice Period Guidelines [PDF] before submitting your application.
- Complete a practice period application: [Word] [PDF]. See below for $30 application fee.
- Deadline for applications is September 1, 2019.
- For questions or more information, contact Abbess Fu Schroeder’s assistant Kogen by email at [email protected]
- Non-refundable application fee: $30. This fee can be paid by check or call the Green Gulch Farm main office at 415.383.3134 or the SFZC Reservations Office at 888.743.9362 or 415.475.9362.
- Practice period fee: $2181. This fee is paid after acceptance through application. The notice of acceptance to the practice period will be accompanied by information on paying the fee.