led by Senior Dharma Teacher Tenshin Reb Anderson
October 14 - December 9, 2014
The Buddha Way: Good Friendship
Practice period offers an opportunity for beginning and experienced students to participate in an intense period of residential practice that centers around daily zazen, work and study. Weekly events include lectures, classes, oryoki meals, and tea with the practice period leader. Students meet individually with the practice period leader and/or with other practice leaders several times throughout the retreat. We ask participants to commit to the entire eight weeks, which includes two one-day sittings
and concludes with a seven-day sesshin
- Please review the Practice Period Guidelines [Word] [PDF] before submitting your application.
- Complete a practice period application: [Word] [PDF]. (See below for application fee.)
- Deadline for applications: August 31.
- For questions or information, contact Kathy Early at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 415-729-5512.
About Registration, Scholarships, and Cancellations
- Practice period fee: $1975. This fee is paid after acceptance through application. The notice of acceptance to the practice period will be accompanied by information on paying the fee.
- Non-refundable application fee: $30. This fee can be paid by check or by using the ticket table below.
Tenshin Reb Anderson (Senior Dharma Teacher)
Tenshin Reb Anderson practiced with Suzuki Roshi, who ordained him as a priest in 1970 and gave him the name Tenshin Zenki ("Naturally Real, The Whole Works"). He received dharma transmission in 1983 and served as abbot of San Francisco Zen Center from 1986 to 1995. Tenshin Reb Anderson continues to teach at Zen Center and lives at Green Gulch Farm.