Avalokitesvara's Perfect Wisdom
led by Senior Dharma Teacher Tenshin Reb Anderson
Monday, January 5 (arrival day) to Tuesday, January 27, 2015
This three-week retreat offers an opportunity for experienced meditators to join the Green Gulch staff in a period of intensive residential practice. Our schedule will include morning, afternoon and evening zazen; oryoki meals; work periods; dharma talks; and group discussions. There will also be formal and informal meetings with teachers, and classes given by the leader of the Intensive. The Intensive will conclude with a five-day sesshin.
Sample Schedule & Guidelines: [Word] [PDF]
- Download an application: [Word] [PDF]
- Email your application to Reb Anderson’s Assistant at email@example.com.
- Or for more information and an application form, please contact Reb Anderson’s Assistant at 415.729.5512 or by email.
- Non-refundable application fee: $30. This fee can be paid by check or online using the ticket table below (available soon).
- Intensive fee: $1,020 - shared student housing; $1,300 - shared guest housing; $1,730 - private guest housing (if available). Payment may be made by cash, check or credit card IN US DOLLARS ONLY. Green Gulch cannot accept payment in foreign currencies. Some partial scholarships may be available upon request. Contact the Green Gulch Farm director (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Deadline for applications: November 21. Late applications will be considered in mid-December, if space allows.
*The fees for the Green Gulch Farm January Intensive do not fully cover the cost of maintaining Green Gulch Farm during the month of January. Please consider making a donation to San Francisco Zen Center to support the Intensive and the precious training and teachings offered at Green Gulch Farm, Green Dragon Temple, now and in the future. Thank you.
Tenshin Reb Anderson (Senior Dharma Teacher)
Tenshin Reb Anderson practiced with Suzuki Roshi, who ordained him as a priest in 1970 and gave him the name Tenshin Zenki ("Naturally Real, The Whole Works"). He received dharma transmission in 1983 and served as abbot of San Francisco Zen Center from 1986 to 1995. Tenshin Reb Anderson continues to teach at Zen Center and lives at Green Gulch Farm.