Seven-Day Spring Sesshin 2017, CC 3/18 – 3/25
Led by Urban Temple Dharma Teacher Ryushin Paul Haller
Sesshins are traditional Soto Zen meditation retreats that include formal zendo meals, dharma talks, sitting and walking meditation, and private interviews with senior teachers. In order to understand the nature of our formal retreats, and to be clear about the details of the practice, please review a typical sesshin schedule, as well as our guidelines for zendo conduct. We ask those who attend sesshin to commit to following these guidelines and to participating in the schedule completely. If you have questions regarding the schedule or guidelines, please consult with the head of the meditation hall, the ino, via email (email@example.com) before completing your registration.
Saturday, March 18: Evening orientation for sesshin
- Oryoki instruction 5 pm
- Dinner 6 pm
- Orientation for all participants 7:30 pm
Prerequisite: at least two one-day sittings at City Center or Green Gulch. If you have not participated in a San Francisco Zen Center sesshin before, please communicate with the ino before signing up.
Fee: $420; $378 current members; $336 limited income.
- Optional overnight accommodations: $25 per night, shared room; contact the events coordinator at 415.354.0360 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Some partial scholarships available.
- Deadline for applying: Monday, March 13, 2017.
- If this is your first sesshin at City Center, please contact the ino (head of meditation hall) at 415.354.0391 or by email prior to registering.