Winter 2017 Practice Period at City Center: Online/Commuter Participation
The Zen Way: The Principles and Practices of Zen
(View description of Winter 2017 Practice Period at City Center)
Led by Urban Temple Dharma Teacher Ryushin Paul Haller
January 25 – March 25, 2017
Students in this program may participate entirely from home through our online practice period offerings or may attend one or more practice events in person. Online practice participants may attend practice period events at the member rate.
The following offerings will be available to online participants through a forum set up for practice period participants:
- Live-streamed dharma talks on Saturdays, which will be available to watch at any time.
- Audio recordings of sesshin talks.
- Access to the video of the practice period classes.
- Downloads of handouts, readings, and exercises.
- The opportunity to interact in small groups via video conference and to join an online zendo.
- Interactive meetings with Ryushin Paul Haller, the shuso, and other participants via conference calls.
- Blog posts from the shuso (head student).
- Opportunity to have an online practice relationship with other students.
Access to the practice period website will be provided prior to the practice period after payment of the online participation fee (see below). See the online participation practice period application below for recommendations on how to participate from home.
Online/Commuter Participation Fee: $149; $134 current members; $119 limited income. Some partial scholarships available.
Online/Commuter Participation Practice Period Application Process:
1. Download the Online/Commuter participation practice period application [Word]/[PDF].
2. Email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Pay your participation fee here:
Please sign up early, in order to best support the program. Register by January 23.
Inquiries and comments may be directed to email@example.com.
About Registration, Scholarships, and Cancellations