San Francisco Zen Center, located at Page and Laguna streets, offers six charming guest rooms for short-term stays. This is a convenient and economical way to stay in the city while experiencing life in a Zen Buddhist temple and enjoying the serene elegance of a building designed by Julia Morgan.
Rates are per night and include breakfast with the resident community. Delicious vegetarian meals are available for lunch and dinner by donation; lunch is offered Monday – Saturday and dinner Monday – Friday. Bathrooms are shared with resident Zen practitioners, except for Room 1, which has a private bathroom. A wake-up bell is rung at 5:00 am. All guests are welcome, but not required, to join the daily meditation schedule and other activities.
For bookings of a week or more, we offer a discount of 10%.
Because we are a Zen Temple, our monks, residents and staff keep a strict schedule. If you plan to arrive later than 9:00 pm, please let us know when you make your reservation so we can plan to have someone available to answer the door and give you your keys. We cannot accept any arrivals after 10:30 pm.
You can view the available rooms and book online by clicking the buttons below. Once a reservation is made, we will review and process your deposit payment within one business day and send you a confirmation email. We have a new system, effective June 2016, in which you start by selecting the type of room you wish to book. During the booking process, you can select your room number. If there is any confusion about the online booking process, or if you have other questions, please call us at 888.743.9362 or 415.475.9362 or email the reservations coordinator at email@example.com.
Small Room, Shared Bath
- Room 30 is a bright corner room with views of the city and a double bed. One window faces Laguna Street and the other faces the courtyard.
- Room 32 is a quiet room that overlooks the courtyard, with a double bed.
- Weekdays (Sun – Thur): Single $125. Double $150.
- Weekends (Fri – Sat): Single $135. Double $160.
Large Room, Shared Bath
- Room 31 is a large courtyard-facing room, with a queen-sized bed, a queen futon couch/bed, and a desk. It can comfortably accommodate two couples.
- Room 33 is a large, quiet room facing the courtyard, with a queen-size bed. There is room for one extra person with an added single bed or shikibuton.
- Room 35 is a large, quiet room with a queen-sized bed. There is room for one extra person with an added single bed or shikibuton.
- Weekdays (Sun – Thur): Single $145. Double $170.
- Weekends (Fri – Sat): Single $160. Double $185.
Large Room, Private Bath
- Room 1, accessible to the disabled, has a queen-sized bed, a writing desk, and a private bathroom with tub and shower.
- Weekdays (Sun – Thur): Single $165. Double $190.
- Weekends (Fri – Sat): Single $180. Double $205.