Living in Harmony with Nature – Body and Heart/Mind Wellness in the Summer Season, CC 6/3
With Dr. Lucy Xiao
in the City Center dining room
In Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), taking care of our physical and emotional health is called “Yang Sheng,” or “Nourishing Life.” It is a practice of taking care of ourselves as well as living in harmony with our natural environment. As summer is arriving, this workshop will explore how to nourish our life in summer which is the season to grow and flourish, and the season associated with our physical and emotional heart.
During this workshop we will
- discuss the characteristics of the summer season and its effect on our health
- learn about the heart system from the TCM perspective
- study quotations from “The Yellow Emperor’s Inner Classic,” an ancient Chinese medical text
- explore ways to promote health in summer
- introduce acupressure points for the heart and traditional self-care exercises
Fees: $50; $45 current SFZC members; $40 limited income. Some partial scholarships available (see About Registration, Scholarships and Cancellations).
To Register: Use the Register Online button above (available soon). Or call our toll-free number (888.743.9362) or our local number (415.475.9362).