5:40 am - noon
Please plan to arrive before 5:30 am Online registration for the Half-Day Sitting will close at 4:00pm on the Thursday before the sitting.
This half-day sitting offers traditional Soto Zen meditation practice. We ask those who attend to commit to participating in the complete schedule.
If you will need a chair in the zendo for all or part of the sitting, please indicate this when you sign up.
Formal oryoki breakfast will be served in the zendo. Breakfast and lunch (lunch will be eaten in the dining room) are included in the cost of the sitting; however, you will need an oryoki set or will need to use guest bowls for breakfast. You may bring your own set, purchase one, or use simplified guest bowls.
- To purchase your own oryoki set, please add the "Purchase Oryoki Set" fee to your online reservation. Please contact the City Center Ino to check on availability of sets.
- Guest bowls are available at breakfast. There is no cost for the use of guest bowls.
If this is your first sitting at City Center, please attend the oryoki instruction and orientation on the Friday evening before the sitting:
- Oryoki instruction is at 5:00pm
- Dinner is at 6:30pm, cost for dinner is by donation
- Orientation is at 7:30pm
Please indicate the following when registering:
- Is this your first formal sitting at Zen Center?
- Will you need to use a chair throughout the morning?
- Will you need to buy an oryoki set?
- Will you need accommodation at City Center in addition to attending the sitting? Please call one of the numbers below.
Fees: $35; $32 current SFZC members; $28 limited income. The fee includes breakfast and lunch.
To Register: Use the Registration button next to the date you wish to attend. Or call our toll free number 888.743.9362 or local number 415.475.9362. Online registration for the Half-Day Sitting will close at 4:00pm on the Thursday before the sitting.