Everyday Enlightenment: Shunryu Suzuki’s Expression of Zen Practice
(view description for Fall 2014 Practice Period at City Center
led by Abiding Abbot Rinso Ed Sattizahn
September 30 - December 6
Students in this program may participate entirely from home through our online practice period offerings, or may attend one or more practice events in person. Online practice participants may attend practice period events at the member rate.
The following offerings will be available to online participants through a forum set up for practice period participants. Access to the practice period website will be provided in the weeks prior to the practice period, after payment of the online participation fee (see below).
- Live-streamed dharma talks on Wednesdays, Saturdays and during sesshin.
- Access to the video of the practice period class, Suzuki Roshi’s Way of Practice.
- Downloads of handouts, readings and exercises for this class.
- Blog from the shuso (head student).
- Teacher-lead group meetings via several conference calls.
- Opportunity for practice discussion with dharma teachers via telephone or Skype.
- Pairing up with a dharma buddy.
See the online participation practice period application below for recommendations on how to participate from home. Online Participation Fee:
$175; $157 current members; $140 limited income. Some partial scholarships available. (See About Registration, Scholarships, and Cancellations
.) Online Participation Practice Period Application Process:
About Registration, Scholarships, and Cancellations
- Download the online participation practice period application [Word]/[PDF].
- Email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay your online participation fee using the ticket table below.
- Applications for online participation will be accepted through Friday, September 19.
- Questions, comments and feedback may be directed to email@example.com.